In the meantime, here are some highlights:
- On Friday, October, Oct. 7, we conduct a séance at San Antonio’s Villa Finale: Museum and Gardens, the beautiful Victorian-style mansion bequeathed to the public by the late Walter Mathis. Get tickets by calling Villa Finale guest services at (215) 223-9800.
- On Friday, Oct. 14, we head out to Houston for a psychometry workshop at Wormwood & Vine, 1802 Yale Street. Call 713-269-8312 for tickets, or click this link.
- On Saturday, Oct. 15, we return to Austin’s Minx+Muse Studio, 605 W 37th Street. We’ve conducted plenty of sessions previously at the Minx+Muse and we find the venue utterly delightful. You can find a ticket link for our 6:30 p.m. sitting here and a ticket link for our 9:30 p.m. sitting here.
- On Sunday morning, Oct. 16, we’ll be back at the Minx+Muse, but this time for a joint tasseography and psychometry workshop. You can find tickets here.
- On Sunday, Oct. 23, we’ll conduct a talking board workshop during the Samhain Faire sponsored by Yarrow & Sage. We’ll be on the stage, at the Far Out Lounge. 8504 S Congress Ave. Get tickets here.
- On Thursday, Oct. 27, we return to The Vortex, 2307 Manor Road in West Austin, and will remain there for the Halloween week. As always, we’ll be gathering in the spooky Pony Shed. Subscribers to The Austin Séance Quarterly Journal through our Patreon service can receive a discount code for tickets to these sessions. You can find links to sign up here. Find tickets for the Vortex sittings, go here.
The fall edition of The Austin Séance Quarterly Journal Is out now!
The fall edition of The Austin Séance Quarterly Journal is out now. In it, you’ll find articles on famous occultists Emily S. French, Margery Crandon and Pietro d’Abano. There’s also a cool article about the intersection of technological artifacts and occult history in the museum world and another article about the Glass Coffin: Vampire Parlour, an Austin goth-themed gift shop.
One great way to subscribe is through low-cost monthly Patreon membership. For just a few dollars each month, you’ll get the Quarterly Journal mailed directly to your home, gain access to ticket deals for The Austin Séance and get occasional surprise gifts. Merchant level Patreon members also gain full-page advertising rights, in-store workshops and other benefits. Get more details at www.patreon.com/TheAustinSeance.
Have questions about any of this? Feel free to shoot us at line at firstname.lastname@example.org.